Our experts, Dr. Angela and Mike Long, are sharing with you the ways they get themselves out of a funk!
How do you pick yourself up when you’re in a funk?
- Fortunately, I cannot remember the last time this happened. The closest I can relate to this feeling was very recently. I was “locked out” of Malaysia, due to the pandemic, for 9 months while my wife was still in Malaysia. However, rather than bemoaning the situation, my wife and I were thankful for the fact that we could see and talk to each other everyday via current technologies! We buoyed each other’s feelings and moods.
- I made sure that I kept busy each day. No time to mope and feel sorry for myself!
- I maintained my exercise routine. Either tennis or racquetball as often as possible.
Dr. Angela Pogioli DC:
- Put on favorite pick-me-up playlists and DANCE. Motion is the fastest way to change E-motion!
- Long drives and hikes in nature while listening to music or podcasts.
- Go outside and feel the sun on my skin.
- Also, sam-e, 5-htp, theanine, dark chocolate, or a funny movie with a cozy blanket!