When it comes to your health regimen, have you ever asked yourself:
- What foundational products can I use so I’m not taking a hundred products daily?
- What products “pack the most punch” or give the most “bang for my buck”?
- What can I use to get powerful systemic support in a highly bioavailable form?
Some of the best solutions are right at the tip of our nose, and yet we could be overlooking them. Consider HYDROGEN, the first element in the creation of the universe; the smallest and most prevalent element, which was the key to the beginning of life as we know it.
Hydrogen is estimated to account for 90% of all atoms in the universe and close to ⅔ of the atoms in our bodies. Our own microbiome contains bacteria that produce HYDROGEN GAS (H2). Hydrogen gas, or molecular hydrogen, has been studied since 1975.
Why boost hydrogen gas?
In 2007, groundbreaking research brought hydrogen to the awareness of scientists for its potential role in human disease. Nature Medicine  reported that the inhalation of H2 gas suppressed brain injury, being more effective than an approved clinical drug for cerebral infarction with no toxic effects. The research found molecular hydrogen rapidly diffuses across membranes, acting as a selective antioxidant, neutralizing cytotoxic reactive oxygen species (ROS), while it does not react with other physiologically important free radicals (superoxide, nitric oxide, hydrogen peroxide).
H2 activates the Nrf2 pathway supporting production of important endogenous antioxidants like glutathione, catalase, superoxide dismutase, without disturbing metabolic oxidation-reduction reactions. With unrivaled tissue diffusion properties, this selective antioxidant can reach into subcellular spaces like the nucleus and mitochondria, and pass THROUGH the blood brain barrier.
Since the delicate brain tissue is so susceptible to inflammation and oxidative damage, H2 diffusion into the brain tissue holds great promise with the rise of neurodegenerative conditions. In a 1-year randomized, double-blind, placebo-control pilot study in 2013, hydrogen-rich water was found to be beneficial in Parkinson’s disease . Another study reported that decreased hydrogen production by intestinal microbiota may be associated with the development and progression of Parkinson’s Disease .
In the mitochondria, not only does H2 neutralize the most harmful free radicals like peroxynitrite and hydroxyl radicals, we also find up-regulation of ATP production. This is why hydrogen tablets are becoming so popular among biohackers, high performance athletes and busy professionals looking for peak performance.
HYDROGEN’S SYSTEMIC BENEFITS
The systemic benefits of Molecular Hydrogen go far beyond that. Hydrogen gas (H2) has been found to:
- Inhibit inflammation
- Support nitric oxide, circulation and cardiovascular health
- Modulate the immune response
- Enhance cognitive function
- Preserve mitochondrial function
- Delay the aging process
- Inhibit DNA/RNA damage
- Optimize oxygen utilization
- Modulate gene expression
The most common ways to get higher H2 concentrations in the body are through inhalation and ingestion of Hydrogen-rich liquids. Over a decade ago, we pioneered the development of molecular hydrogen tablets.
HOW DO HYDROGEN TABLETS WORK?
By simply dropping one tablet into liquid, the tablet undergoes a reaction and immediately infuses the liquid with hydrogen gas. Plasma levels peak within 5-15 minutes after drinking. The tablet also releases 80mg of magnesium in an ionic, highly absorbable form.
Keep in mind, boosting HYDROGEN gas concentrations in the body can result in:
- Selective antioxidant support
- Unsurpassed tissue diffusion- able to exert its effects within subcellular areas of the body (nucleus, mitochondria, blood brain barrier)
- Superior bioavailability and effectiveness from a liquid, bypassing digestion and malabsorption concerns
- Excellent safety profile- used throughout research through IV injections, hyperbaric therapy, rectal administration, ingestion, inhalation, transdermal, etc
- A source of ionic magnesium to combat the most common mineral deficiency in the western world
- Targets 3 key causes of aging: Mitochondrial Dysfunction, Oxidation and Inflammation
Be on the path to better health...boost your H2 levels today!
- Ohsawa, I., et al., Hydrogen acts as a therapeutic antioxidant by selectively reducing cytotoxic oxygen radicals. Nat Med, 2007. 13(6): p. 688-694.
- Yoritaka, A., et al., Pilot study of H(2) therapy in Parkinson's disease: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Movement Disorders, 2013.
- Suzuki A, Ito M, Hamaguchi T, Mori H, Takeda Y, Baba R, et al. (2018) Quantification of hydrogen production by intestinal bacteria that are specifically dysregulated in Parkinson's disease. PLoS ONE 13(12): e0208313. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0208313