Seawater as a Healthy Supplement
The ocean contains all the life-sustaining elements humans need to fuel healthy cell functions. In fact, research conducted by French biologist and physiologist Rene Quinton in the late 19th century shows the internal fluids of the human body are strikingly similar to thecomposition of seawater, suggesting human evolution may have started within the deep blue sea.
Quinton’s discovery led him to collect pure ocean water from the phytoplankton vortices in the North Sea, an area with the most stable mineral compositions, and administer this natural elixir of isotonic seawater, known as Quinton or marine plasma, to patients suffering from a variety of ailments.
Because marine plasma contains all the minerals and elements needed to promote healthy cellular composition and activities in bioavailable form, the solution helps support electrolyte balance and normal energy metabolism, reduce tiredness, enhance nervous system and brain function, support protein synthesis, keep bones and teeth healthy, and assist cell division.
In just a 10mL sample you can find at least 78 elements and minerals that support vitality and health. Here’s just a handful of these essential elements found in marine plasma that your body needs to function smoothly:
- Calcium. Everyone knows we needcalcium for healthy bones and teeth, but this element also serves a wide variety of other functions. We need calcium for a healthy immune system, blood clotting, blood pressure regulation, nerve function, and muscle movement.
- Potassium.Potassium is a type of electrolyte the body needs to build proteins and muscle, break down and use carbohydrates, maintain normal body growth, control the acid-base balance, and maintain normal electrical activity of the heart.
- Magnesium. The body usesmagnesium in over 300 biochemical reactions. You also need this mineral for normal nerve and muscle function, a healthy immune system, steady heartbeat, strong bones, stable blood glucose levels, and energy and protein production.
- Phosphorous.Phosphorous is found in every cell in our body, making up about one percent of our total body weight. This element is mainly necessary for healthy bone and teeth formation. Phosphorous is also vital in the synthesis of proteins for use in cell and tissue growth, maintenance, and repair; production of ATP, the body’s energy molecule; normal heartbeat; kidney function; nerve signaling; and muscle contractions.
- Cobalt. This hard, gray metal is only found in the human body as part of the vitamin B-12, which is essential in the production of red blood cells.Cobalt can prevent pernicious anemia and is needed for healthy nervous system function.
- Boron. We mayuse boron in rocket fuel, pyrotechnic flares, tile glazes, and washing powders, but did you know boron is alsoessential for bone health? Boron influences certain hormones and vitamin-D utilization, which play a role in bone development and regeneration. Deficiencies can lead to demineralization and bones that cannot heal themselves.
- Selenium. Thoughselenium is an essential mineral needed in trace amounts, deficiencies, though rare, can still happen, leading to joint and bone disease, intellectual disability, and abnormalities of the heart muscle. This element is used to make special antioxidant enzymes that help prevent cell damage. There is some research to suggest selenium may help prevent certain cancers and block the effects of heavy metals and detrimental substances.
Today, there are many supplement companies claiming to sell the same marine plasma Rene Quinton distributed in the 19th and 20th centuries; however, not all of them use the same rigorous harvesting protocols, which includes cold-sterilization, Quinton used to preserve the integrity of the marine plasma’s mineral composition.
For the purest, most potent marine plasma, check out ourQuinton Hypertonic produced by Laboratoires Quinton – they adhere to the same rigorous standards used by Quinton around the turn of the century. Heat sterilization is never used in order to preserve the life-sustaining minerals and elements found in the ocean, the origin of all life.
Take Quinton Hypertonic alone as a supplement for enhanced mineralization or add to purified water for added hydration benefits.