We changed our clocks, lost an hour of sleep, and the slight time change can be disorienting!
In fact, reports find higher prevalence of heart attacks around both time changes, as well as an increase in fatal car accidents! Sleep is essential to health - allowing the body to properly heal, detox, rejuvenate, and even handle blood sugar properly.
Our circadian sleep patterns are often disrupted as we age. Sometimes our CORTISOL levels start to rise at night when they should normally wane. Or patterns of burning the candle at both ends for YEARS results in waking up too early in the morning with cortisol levels peaking earlier than they should… So what can we do to support proper sleep cycles?
First, lower lights and stay away from electronics prior to your bedtime! Make sure your more “stimulating” supplements are taken earlier in the day (prior to 4pm)…things like B vitamins, CoQ10, certain adaptogens and botanicals.
Consider trying some of these top formulas to ensure a good night’s sleep:
- Isotonic supports shifting to a calmer, parasympathetic state. THINK: “rest and digest”
- supports balance within the autonomic nervous system.
- Enhances sleep quality
- Supports proper circadian cycles
- Gaba is naturally produced in the body and is a calming neurotransmitter
- Theanine is a calming amino acid that supports brain wave activity consistent to what you achieve through meditation
- Theanine can cross the blood-brain barrier and positively affect mental relaxation, decreasing glutamate signaling
- Since oral GABA has poor bioavailability, this liposomal formula ensures faster and more efficient delivery, making it a very popular choice.
- Natural sleep hormone
- Enhanced delivery ensures immediate effects and prolonged systemic effects
- Advanced liposomal delivery means LESS is more
- Limits the groggy side-effects often found with melatonin at higher doses.
- Evening 15 minute H2 foot baths or bath soaks calm the body, muscles, and mind
- Provide 240mg of bioavailable Magnesium per tablet
- Tablets react instantly with water to create hydrogen gas, rapidly absorbing into the skin.
- Transdermal magnesium and molecular hydrogen ensure relaxation and recovery.
- For women 35+ years of age or any women with low progesterone levels
- Calming- applied BEFORE BED can enhance the quality of sleep, promoting GABA function
- Patent-pending, nanoemulsified, topical progesterone serum
- 8 mg of bioidentical progesterone per 1mL serving.
- micronized progesterone, in a nanoparticle phospholipid-base for enhanced absorption compared to creams.
CBD Synergies-AX Calming Formula
- Eases feelings of nervousness, worry and agitation
- Nanoemulsified, THC-free, broad-spectrum hemp extract
- Includes 5-HTP, which acts as a precursor to the feel-good neurotransmitter serotonin, as well as GABA, Skullcap and Rose Flower oil for maximum calming effect.
- rapidly shifts body from health-depleting “fight or flight” mode into restorative “rest and repair” mode.
-Dr. Angela Pogioli
Clinical Consultant / Product Education Specialist